Resource temporarily unavailable

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Dec 12 10:59:08 CST 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, T REX wrote:

> Hello
> Hmm I think i have seen outputs like
> getoverlappedresult and shitt so maybe it
> wants overlapped, but i have tryed with a older one anyway, i tryed a

Maybe Wine provoked that by returning ERR_IO_IN_PROGRESS when it should
block until it can return successfully?

> wersion 20010305

Sorry, I was a bit vague.  That  is certainly early enough, probably too
early.

> i dont know if this is early enough or to early. what i found was that it
> seamd to get a little further, but the problem remains. the handshake patch
> failed on this old wersion, but do you think it matters.

AFAIR, that error (that can make Wine ask for hardware flow control on a
3 wire line) has been there since I started working with wine in
1997.  In fact, it spread to the 32 bit comms by being translated from
the 16 bit.

> I can see that the program donsnt ask for software flow controll, but in
> windows it cant use hardware flow controll, so doesnt it use any flow
> controll at all? I think this seams strange.
> Any thoughts?

When I tested Mike's first stab at the handshake patch, it caused my 16
bit app to run without any flow control.  It ran without any errors.
Also there can be a kind of software flow control between the app and
the entity at the other end of the line that the OS doesn't know or care
about.

> The1trex

I have a tar of Wine-20010305 and I thought to adjust the patch, but
there have been just too many other little things fixed since
then...more than I was aware of.

Lawson
---oof---