Uninstalling Wine

Dave Jones dajones at purdue.edu
Wed Dec 12 11:39:07 CST 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Ian Truelsen wrote:

> I am going to try winex, but I have wine installed currently. First off, do
> I need to unistall wine, or should I? And how do I go about it, if yes?

No, you don't.
Transgaming's WineX puts its own wine stuff in /usr/lib/transgaming/bin/
and the winex executable is just a shell script that points to this.
So running winex executes /usr/lib/transgaming/bin/wine
and running wine executes /usr/local/bin/wine
(depending on where you installed it, anyway)

Dave Jones - dajones at purdue.edu