ultima online and wine/winex

downtime null downtime at nothing.nothing
Thu Dec 13 10:33:04 CST 2001

i hate doing this, but i figured it out only 30 minutes after posting
this message. that seems to be the way that it always works.

i couldn't get the installer to work. it would hang every time, in the
same place. the way i got it installed and working was i fired up
vmware (win2k) and installed it there. then i copied the install
directory to my fake windows install that codeweavers wine sets up.
then i exported the entire win2k registry to a file and searched for
"ultima". i copied every key into the fake registry that wine uses.
then i ran "wine uo.exe" and worked! the auto-patch works! now i just
need to get UOAM and UOA to work.  :)

i'm using redhat 7.2 with the latest version of codeweavers wine with
the latest winex installed over it. i'm playing ultima online
rennaissance.