Resource temporarily unavailable

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Dec 14 10:19:47 CST 2001

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, T REX wrote:

> Hello
>
> I hawe now tested some different wine releases,
> i Tested The following:20010418,20010629
> and 20010824. None of them helped, maybe it means that Overlapped does not
> affect my program.
>
> The handshake patch did not work on 20010418 at all. On 20010629 comm16.c
> did not exist
> but it was able to patch comm.c exept for one heap, it seemed to work. on
> 20010824 comm16.c existed, though one heap failed here to on comm.c, also
> here it seemed to work.
>
> I noticed that on 20010418 and 20010305
> some more of the contens in the frames was shown, usualy i just get black
> frames but on
> these earlier releases i could see some menues
> and collor, but it still seemed to hang. This may not mean anything but i
> thought I should mension it.

There may still be some problems with the palette for some X servers in
8bpp desktop mode.  Might be worth trying the X server at a greater
color depth if indeed you use 8bpp.  (I use "startx -- -bpp 16",
FI).  To see what the X server actually does,
startx &>oof
like wine, the X server writes its comments to stderr.

> I think i shal go back to the latest cvs again.
> The handshake patch is committed there right, good.
>
> Does anyone hawe any advice on what i should try next.
>
> The1trex

I think that's the way.  We will get it right eventually.  Mike has just
submitted the attached to wine-patches for comments.  Maybe it'll help.

Lawson
---oof---