Finding DLL's

jim jim at weathercom.com
Mon Dec 17 23:33:13 CST 2001

I've searched the web pages, docs and archives but I can't find the answer to
my question.  How does wine locate dll's for a native windows application?
Specifically, I'm trying to get QuickBooks Pro to run and it can't find
IPROF32.dll eventhough it is in the same directory as the .exe and that
directory is in the path.  Can somebody point me to the proper docs or
suggest a procedure to troubleshoot this problem?  Here's the output from an
attempt to execute QuickBooks:

err:module:map_image Could not map section .data, file probably truncated
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) IPROF32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbconv32.dll) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
Pro\qbconv32.dll
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) QBCONV32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\ui.DLL) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\ui.DLL
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) ui.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbbrow32.DLL) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
Pro\qbbrow32.DLL
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) qbbrow32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbonli32.dll) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
Pro\qbonli32.dll
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) QBONLI32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbtool32.DLL) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
Pro\qbtool32.DLL
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) qbtool32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbintr32.dll) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
Pro\qbintr32.dll
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) QBINTR32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbpay32.DLL) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
Pro\qbpay32.DLL
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) qbpay32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbwrpt32.dll) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
Pro\qbwrpt32.dll
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) QBWRPT32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbform32.DLL) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
Pro\qbform32.DLL
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) qbform32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qblist32.DLL) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
Pro\qblist32.DLL
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) qblist32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbwin32.dll) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
Pro\qbwin32.dll
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) QBWIN32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbwpr32.dll) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
Pro\qbwpr32.dll
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) QBWPR32.dll (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbw32.exe) not found