Finding DLL's

Bill Medland medbi01_1 at accpac.com
Tue Dec 18 09:25:55 CST 2001

"jim" <jim at weathercom.com> wrote in message
news:20011218053314.1C3DF315E0 at localhost.localdomain...
> I've searched the web pages, docs and archives but I can't find the answer
> my question.  How does wine locate dll's for a native windows application?
> Specifically, I'm trying to get QuickBooks Pro to run and it can't find
> IPROF32.dll eventhough it is in the same directory as the .exe and that
> directory is in the path.  Can somebody point me to the proper docs or
> suggest a procedure to troubleshoot this problem?  Here's the output from
an
> attempt to execute QuickBooks:

Actually it looks to me like it found it but had a problem using it.  If you
try using --debugmsg +module you should see it going through the process of
checking for the file and finding it.

After that I guess you are into the usual debug regime and that depends on
how much you know and whether you are in a position to work on the Wine
source code.  If not then you can try various other debugmsg options, older
or newer copies of wine etc.

> err:module:map_image Could not map section .data, file probably truncated
> err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) IPROF32.dll (which is needed by
> C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbconv32.dll) not found
> err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\QuickBooks
> Pro\qbconv32.dll
<etc.>

Bill