Wine config difficulties

Jeff Jeter gsfgf at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 11:41:57 CST 2001

I hope i am posting this to the right list.

Specs:
FreeBSD 4.x
Wine 20011108 -- FreeBSD ports version
Me == Newbie

I am trying to configure wine manually because the package i recieved does not include winesetup.  I configured the drives to suit my setup and left the rest as the defaults.

When i try to start wine with "wine program.exe" i get this error:
"/root/.wine/wineserver-my_hostname/socket : no such file or directory"

when i created a blank file at that location it returned "'/root/.wine/wineserver-my_hostname/socket' is not a socket"

How do i make a socket in the correct location.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Jeter