Wine config difficulties

keith frost pfrostie at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 12:04:12 CST 2001

there should be a sample .wine/ with everything you
need in it in the docs(i think) directory.  if not you
can go to
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/wine/development/
I think that was where i got mine.
try the wine-doc-txt.tar.gz first.
you will still need to tweak it for your
systems/drives.

hope that helps.

--- Jeff Jeter <gsfgf at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I hope i am posting this to the right list.
>
> Specs:
> FreeBSD 4.x
> Wine 20011108 -- FreeBSD ports version
> Me == Newbie
>
> I am trying to configure wine manually because the
> package i recieved does not include winesetup.  I
> configured the drives to suit my setup and left the
> rest as the defaults.
>
> When i try to start wine with "wine program.exe" i
> get this error:
> "/root/.wine/wineserver-my_hostname/socket : no such
> file or directory"
>
> when i created a blank file at that location it
> returned
> "'/root/.wine/wineserver-my_hostname/socket' is not
> a socket"
>
> How do i make a socket in the correct location.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeff Jeter

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux/