Transgaming, Install Shield, and the dead horse

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Thu Feb 1 13:23:28 CST 2001

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Geoffrey L. Hausheer wrote:

> So not to beat a dead horse or anything, but after seeing Gavriel's note
> that InstallShield was working in the latest Transgaming patch (I have no
> need of the Direct3d stuff, but I was not able to find any relevant pattches
> by Andreas on PATCHES),

http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2000/11/0148.html
(last hunk of the attached patch)

It was rejected because:
http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2000/11/0335.html

> I installed the patch, and tried out installing
> MediaPlayer yet again, and nothing has changed from last time

MediaPlayer is by Microsoft, don't expect ordinary InstallShield fixes to
apply to Microsoft products. The Microsoft installers have problems with
interprocess communication (FindWindow).