hello, I need some help for using wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Feb 1 22:06:09 CST 2001

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Eduardo Costa wrote:

> Yves MOYA wrote:
>
> Your configuration in ~/.wine/config must be setting "user32.dll" to a
> format that your don't have (ex: "native" without Windoze installed).
> See if you have at least one of these files:
>
> $(WINDOWS_DIR)/windows/system/user32.dll
> $(WINE_PREFIX_DIR)/lib/libuser32.so
>
> if you don't have the second, your installation may be broken. if you
> have one of them, you must see your configuration file. Try putting a
> "builtin, native, so" on user32.dll key.
>
> See ya,
> Eduardo Costa
> --
AFAIK, Wine can not use native user32, kernel32, or gdi32. You must use
the Wine builtins for those, if you want to use wine at all.  Native
(shell, shell32, shlwapi) (commctrl, comctl32) (commdlg, comdlg32),
(msvcrt mfc42 crtdll) riched32 and no doubt others I know nothing about
might or might not make your app happy, or they might make it crash.

Lawson

Big fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em.
And little fleas have smaller fleas and so on, infinitem.