hello, I need some help for using wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Feb 2 11:52:29 CST 2001

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Yves MOYA wrote:

> To Eduardo Costa : (and all people want to help me ;) )
>
> hello,
>
> I have not windoze installed. I have not user32.dll file but I have
> libuser32.so file.
> In my configuration file I have not the user32.dll key. when I wrote in the
> file "user32" = "builtin" in DllOverrides section I have no changes.
>
> thanks :)
>
> Yves

Okay.  You have libuser32.so file, so I guess you know where it is.
Seems it is somewhere Wine doesn't know to look for it.

If you are or can influence the system administrator, the most
straightforward way to tell it is to put the directory path to
libuser32.so in /etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig.  Do not include
the leafname (libuser32.so), but do include all directries from / up to
and including the directory where it is.

You can also put it in the environment variable WINEDLLPATH if that is
easier for you.

Lawson

It is better to be lucky than good. - J. A. Soucy
---