TurboTax 99 dosen't work

Ian Turner vectro at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Feb 2 16:15:55 CST 2001

> > fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00800002 not yet implemented

> So try with the native commdlg/comdlg32 pair...

OK, so I copied these from a friend's windows 98 system. Now I am looking
at a rather curious set of symptoms:

* If I leave the commdlg/comdlg32 overrides to the defaults (builtin), it
works as before (e.g. won't load files). This is expected.
* If I comment them out, it loads the native DLLs anyway, despite the fact
that DefaultLoadOrder is native,builtin,so.
* If I set them specifically to native,builtin, then I see it load
comdlg32 (but not commdlg), and then when I try to open a file it dies
with "fixme:shell:SHGetSetSettings 0x405855f0 0x00000002 0x00000000" on
the console and "Unimplemented function shell32.ExtractAssociatediconExA
called at address 0x7fe28af8. Do you wish to debug it?" and offers to run
the debugger.

Thanks again,

Ian