TurboTax 99 dosen't work

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Feb 2 17:07:04 CST 2001

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Ian Turner wrote:

> > > fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00800002 not yet implemented
>
> > So try with the native commdlg/comdlg32 pair...
>
> OK, so I copied these from a friend's windows 98 system. Now I am looking
> at a rather curious set of symptoms:
>
> * If I leave the commdlg/comdlg32 overrides to the defaults (builtin), it
> works as before (e.g. won't load files). This is expected.
> * If I comment them out, it loads the native DLLs anyway, despite the fact
> that DefaultLoadOrder is native,builtin,so.

That is according to the Default load order, is it not?

> * If I set them specifically to native,builtin, then I see it load
> comdlg32 (but not commdlg), and then when I try to open a file it dies
> with "fixme:shell:SHGetSetSettings 0x405855f0 0x00000002 0x00000000" on
> the console and "Unimplemented function shell32.ExtractAssociatediconExA
> called at address 0x7fe28af8. Do you wish to debug it?" and offers to run
> the debugger.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Ian

That is one of the problems about using native dll's.  They want other
native dll's.  If you like, you can try again with native shell,shell32,
and shlwapi and hope they don't choke on some unimplemented function in
some other builtin dll.  Or you can try to implement the unimplemented
function in shell32, if you have any idea what is an Associated Icon
and how to go about extracting one. If you get it to work, send a patch.
If you need help to make up a patch, just ask.  That I know how to do.

Lawson

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy
way to factor large prime numbers." - Bill Gates "The Road Ahead" p265
"The irony of the information age is that it has given new
respectability to uninformed opinion." John Lawton