Microsoft to expand Windows source-code sharing program  |  Todd R. Weiss   |  57316

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at keep_your_ads_to_yourself.yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 20:33:22 CST 2001

> Would everyone that has tried to use MicroSoft Office with WINE please
> write MicroSoft a letter and tell them that there is a demand for
> MS-Office on Linux.

There is no point, and I don't think I'm being pessimistic. MS will not
port office to Linux unless (until) it becomes the dominant workplace O/S.

Along with the rest of the FUD they are spreading, a spokesperson recently
said that A) Few customers wanted to see the source code, and B) There was
no customer demand for MS applications under Linux.

If you really want to try to change their minds, start a web petition
calling for MS to provide Linux ports. They still won't do it, but at least
they wont be able to say there is no demand.

Cheers,
Jon