Text handling broke.

Duane junkmail at junkmail.com
Sat Feb 3 14:30:39 CST 2001

Howdy,

Sometime between Dec 14 and Jan 30, a small portion of text handling
seems to have broken. I have a schematic editor application (schedit)
which I have been running under wine for 7 or 8 months now.

What I do is select an "Add text" menu item, a dialog pops up and I type
in some text and click ok. Normally then the text would show up attached
to the mouse, and I can move it to where I want and drop it.

Now what happens is that a "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library" dialog
pops up, which says:
Debug Error!
Program:C:\CapFast\wcs\bin\schedit.exe
DAMAGE: after Normal block (#14890) at 0x40F56600

The text also shows up under the mouse, but now there are extra
characters appended to it (looks like a missing newline somewhere). I
can click Ignore in the error dialog, and place the text. It gets placed
with all the extra characters still attached. I can edit the text, but a
similar error dialog shows up, which when ignored results in the text
now having a different collection of extra characters attached.

This doesn't generate any wine errors, so running it under winedbg did
not provide any extra info.

--
My real email is akamail.com at dclark (or something like that).