wine and Monkey Island 4

Carsten Maul sm128ma at uni-duisburg.de
Sat Feb 3 08:23:52 CST 2001

Hi,

today I wanted to start Monkey Island 4 with wine. I'am using cvs version
of wine from today (04.Feb.2001), I also patched the transgaming directx
patch into it.

My system: SuSE 7.0 with KDE2.1beta2, GeForce 2MX with 0.96 NVidia drivers,
Soundblaster PCI 128 (ES1371) with Kernel drivers.

I use wine with installed Windows. My startup command is:

wine "c:\Monkey4\Monkey.exe" --debugmsg +relay,+text,+string --dll
commdlg,comdlg32,commctrl,comctl32,shell,shell32=n,shfolder=n,shlwapi
--desktop 640x480 -- -gl  &>wine.log

(with debugging enabled).

With this the game startsup with it's entrymenu. here are some graphic
glitches, but i can select start Monkey Island. Then the intro starts
successfully (with sound, feel like on Caribbean holidy :) , when the game
want's to start the first 3d animated intro part wine hangs.

You can get my debugging output here:

http://maul.ws
, there is a link to it. Depends on browser you can also download direct
http://maul.ws/stuff/wine.log.gz

Perhaps someone can help?

Carsten