Solaris 8 and Wine

Aldo Pannocchia apannocchia at secureway.it
Mon Feb 5 09:50:33 CST 2001

Use the last version, I compiled it on Solaris 8.

Jean-Claude Gervais wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I tried running the ./tools/wineinstall on Solaris 8 and it failed and
> produced the following output.
>     Anyone know how to fix this?

> --
>
> WINE Installer v0.4
>
> Running configure...
>
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... cc
> checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes
> checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
> checking whether we are using GNU C... no
> checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
> checking for X... libraries , headers
> checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
> checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
> checking for gethostbyname... no
> checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
> checking for connect... no
> checking for connect in -lsocket... yes
> checking for remove... yes
> checking for shmat... yes
> checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
> checking for bison... no
> checking for byacc... no
> checking for flex... lex
> checking for yywrap in -ll... yes
> checking for lex... lex
> checking lex output file root... lex.yy
> checking whether yytext is a pointer... no
> checking for ranlib... ranlib
> checking for a BSD compatible install... tools/install-sh -c
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking for c2man... $(TOPSRCDIR)/tools/c2man.pl
> checking for ldconfig... true
> checking for lclint... no
> checking for lint... lint
> checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
> checking for i386_set_ldt in -li386... no
> checking for _oss_ioctl in -lossaudio... no
> checking for iswalnum in -lw... yes
> checking for gethostbyname... (cached) no
> checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... (cached) yes
> checking for connect... (cached) no
> checking for connect in -lsocket... (cached) yes
> checking for setrunelocale in -lxpg4... no
> checking for mmap in -lmmap... no
> checking for openpty... no
> checking for openpty in -lutil... no
> checking for dlfcn.h... yes
> checking for dlopen... no
> checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
> checking for X11/xpm.h... no
> Redhat            :      xpm xpm-devel
> Caldera OpenLinux      :      xpm xpm-devel xpm-devel-static
> SuSE        :      xpm
> Debian/Corel Linux:       xpm4g xpm4g-dev
>
> Or get the sources from ftp.x.org and all its mirror sites from
> the directory /contrib/libraries.
>
> Configure failed, aborting install.

This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information,
and is intended only for the person / entity to whom it was originally
addressed. The content of this message may contain private views and
opinions which do not constitute a formal disclosure or commitment
unless specifically stated.
--

Aldo Pannocchia
Technical Director