Text handling broke.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at news.sloboda.ru
Mon Feb 5 22:10:37 CST 2001

"gerard patel" <nomailthankyoug.patel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>I can't test under Windows 2000 easily.  I have only NT4 SP6.
>Maybe they changed that in Windows 2000.

Apparently it was changed in Win2000, because the same test app, running
on Win95OSR2 shows that 0 is not appended for multiline edit control.

To the original poster: could you please verify what type of edit control
was affected? Single or multiline?

>It has the potential to break apps, though. One byte overwritten is

Not at all. Application has passed buffer length in the first word.
We can fill the whole buffer if we want to.