undefined symbol

heathhey at my-deja.com heathhey at my-deja.com
Tue Feb 6 12:58:09 CST 2001

In article <uTGe6.55500$Tl3.11209782 at typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>,
  irsman at cfl.rr.com (Ian Schmidt) wrote:
> In article <95fca6$qbi$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <heathhey at my-deja.com>
wrote:

> ># wine /mnt/hda1/windows/sol.exe
> >wine: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/local/lib/libntdll.so:
> >undefined symbol: wine_ldt_copy
>
> This is a VERY frequently asked question.  It means you have an old
> version of Wine around that you didn't clean up before installing the
new
> one, and now Wine's confused because it's finding some old files and
some
> new ones.  do "locate libntdll.so" (on most Linux systems) and find
out
> where the old files are and wipe them out.
>
> --
> Ian Schmidt - ischmidt [at] cfl [dot] rr [dot] com
> WINE Screenshots: http://wine.godmonkey.com/

Thanks for the information, As it turned out there was an old RPM of
wine on my system, I removed it and am going to try again. Perhaps this
question should be put into a faq somewhere (if it isn't already there)
so ppl won't ask it anymore . Yea, I know that ppl will still ask
eventhough there is a faq.

Thanks again

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/