Partial success: "Microshaft Winblows98"

Dan Kegel dank at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Feb 6 15:56:07 CST 2001

Andreas Mohr wrote:

> Dan Kegel <dank at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
> > (That messagebox says "Setup is unable to initialize the language dialog box.
> >   Error 106"   )
> Grrrrr.
> This has all been written at www.winehq.com/Trouble/ for ages.

Thanks for the pointer.
http://wine.codeweavers.com/fom-meta/cache/209.html
says:
> This happens when the installer can't do a GETFILEVERSIONINFOSIZE() on GDI.EXE
> (probably because you're running a no-windows Wine setup).
> You need a valid GDI.EXE file in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.

I did look through the FAQ-O-Matic, but I must say I hadn't
explored the whole thing; it's hard to use.
Wish there was a flat view of it.

What would it take to fix this, assuming that installing any part
of real Windows is not an option?

- Dan