find the right (wine) path

Lasse Melsaeter lasse.melsaeter at nooffice.com
Fri Feb 9 03:08:38 CST 2001

Brian <bmorris at nilads.co.ny> writes:

> wine version 20001002 running in rh7.  installed and working.
> Have a newbie question about command line paths to access windows apps.
> No problem accessing  anything in c:\windows   eg freecell.exe by the simple
> command  # wine freecell.exe
> the mount directory is named /dos  (and is in /etc/wine/wine.conf under
> Drive c) so I assume that the command
> # wine /dos/agent/agent.exe should bring up the programme ?  but it doesnt.
> "directory not found".  I've tried several different strings but only
> executables in the \windows directory in win98 are actioned.
> Haven't yet found some howto or other guide on this part of the config so
> would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

Suggested solutions to the problem:
- In .wine/config add c:\\agent to the path variable, then you can
  type wine agent.exe anywhere and launch it.
- cd /dos/agent; wine agent.exe
- or wine "C:\\agent\\agent.exe" (might work not sure)

--
Lasse Melsaeter <lasse.melsaeter at nooffice.com>
Systemsdeveloper

-