Some problems with Nero

Bernhard Mogens Ege bme at miba.auc.dk
Fri Feb 9 03:21:54 CST 2001

I am using Nero (the cd writer program from Ahead) and usually it
works just nice. There are however some problems:

In the actual burning windows there is a white field where comments
during the burning process are written. In front of each comment is an
icon. For some reason, no tekst is displayed in wine (the comments do
show up).

Another problem is that Nero doesn't notice when a CD is changed. When
I make a CD copy, I have to insert the original before starting Nero
and when Nero asks to insert the blank media to be written to (and I
do that), Nero cannot see it (claims there is no free space on the
cd). I can create a cd-image of the source cd, quit Nero, change
media, start Nero and write the image.

I believe multisession cd's also cause problems. I am unable to
start or continue a multisession cd.

I am using the Ricoh MP9120 IDE writer, mounted at /dev/scd0
(dev=0,0,0) using the ide2scsi kernel module.

Wine does give some of these messages:

fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY for adapter 0.

and

fixme:string:OLE_GetFormatA datelen = 0, returning 255

regards,

Bernhard