find the right (wine) path

Brian bmorris at nilads.co.ny
Sat Feb 10 03:31:59 CST 2001

Brian wrote:

> wine version 20001002 running in rh7.  installed and working.
> Have a newbie question about command line paths to access windows apps.
> No problem accessing  anything in c:\windows   eg freecell.exe by the
> simple
> command  # wine freecell.exe
> the mount directory is named /dos  (and is in /etc/wine/wine.conf under
> Drive c) so I assume that the command
> # wine /dos/agent/agent.exe should bring up the programme ?  but it
> # doesnt.
> "directory not found".  I've tried several different strings but only
> executables in the \windows directory in win98 are actioned.
> Haven't yet found some howto or other guide on this part of the config so
> would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.
>
> thanks
> Brian

I have printed out all the responses and tried or followed most of them.
[Drive x] was one I missed in the config - this has been done, and I've put
some of the programmes I want into the path string.
I can now access some (but not all) of the c:\ progs.  IE5 spat the dummy
in a big way. For MS Word I added the line under [Wine] printer=on  but
still cant print from it.
plenty to do still but it is working and thats got to be good.
thanks all

Brian