Trouble with Reach Out

gerard patel nomailthankyoug.patel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 10 04:15:47 CST 2001

On Fri, 09 Feb 2001 09:53:24 +0100, Pierre-Yves Taczynski
<ptaczyns at lucent.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a Mandrake 7.2 linux box with
>codeweavers-wine-20010112-1.i386.rpm. I mount a windows NT share on
>/windows/reachout. I have fixed a few problems with dll while attepting
>to running reachout.exe and finnaly got a desktop window. Unfortunately
>I get a dialog box saying:
>
>Failed to load language ROSNRES.DLL.
>
>I have checked whether the dll was in the right directory and try with
>uppercase and lowercase.
>
>Does anyone successfully use ReachOut with wine?

Not me. That's a remote control software IIRC. Don't have too
much expectations as it probably uses Tapi or Ras that are
very badly supported by Wine.
This particular error has nothing to do with these Wine problems,
though.

>Do you have any idea?

Use Wine debugging features ? (run with -debugmsg +relay
and post the 200 lines before the call to the function displaying
the  error message - usually a MessageBox).
Given the error message you can even run with +relay,+resource
(this will enable  a few other error messages that may be relevant
to the problem - or not).

Gerard