Font control under Wine

Mark Norton nortonmd at home.com
Sun Feb 11 22:13:50 CST 2001

I'm wondering if there is a way to control the fonts with wine.  I'm trying
to run a game called Stars! under Wine.  The first release was the RPM that
came bundled with Mandrake 7.2.  That worked fine and the fonts seemed
mostly normal (occasional graphic glitches but nothing that couldn't be
read) but whenever the program ended, it hung and popped up a debug dialog
and would subsequently hang.

I tried the latest tarball from www.winehq.com and compiled it.  The
performance is wonderful, however, now one of the fonts that Stars! uses
for messages has turned into a weird little bold, italic, script font that is
barely legible.  All other fonts in the program appear to be as good as or
better than they were.  However the weird little font is in a rather important
section so I'd really like to be able to tweak it to something that made
more sense.

Is there someway I can tinker with the fonts and switch it to something
more sane?

Thanks,

Regards,
Mark Norton