lawson_whitney at lawson_whitney at
Mon Feb 12 02:23:20 CST 2001

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, serge wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm using dual boot system and have windows partitions on my disk. The
> problem is that I can't write to it as user (copy files etc). I'm also
> unable to chage permissions or owner. So wine can' access them. I looked
> up fstab man and related
> issues but still didn't find solution.
> Thanks in advance
> Serge
> Yastreilov
> Â)޺ǫ²f¢–)à–+-Â)޺ǫ³§zœ¢hm¶Ÿ¿ÿ0Â)Þ†§(›ùšŠYšŸùb²Ø§~ðŠw®±êì

{man mount   man fstab  man 2 umask}

about 30 times through that did it for me.  Or,

<wine>/documentation/installing.sgml->Dealing with FAT/VFAT partitions

Tis nasty little script makes it possible to read .sgml files.  There
are pointers to nicer formats for this at

sed -e 's/<[^<>]*>//g' -e 's/&lt;/</g' -e 's/&gt;/>/g' $1 |less -ni

or just add umask=0 to the fs_mntops field for the fstab entry for your
windose partition.

---cut here