ie5 install?

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Feb 12 02:34:05 CST 2001

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Icculus wrote:

> I am trying to install ie5 to test webpages and their apperance.
> Unfortuantely i am getting this annoying dialog error:
>
> "A previous program installation was never completed. You need to restart
> your computer to complete that installation before running Internet
> Explorer Setup. Setup will now close."
>
> What in the heck is this?? Restart what computer?  Heck no!  I don't
> understand this.  There are no instances of wine running when i

Nobody said there were.  It said there was in incomplete installation.
with windose, you have to restart your computer to move the mouse.
It has found some files it thinks are left over from a failed install.

Myabe with --debumgsg +file you can tell what files and remove them.

> extantiate this command:
>
> wine --dll comctl32,shell,shell32,shlwapi=n ie5setup.exe
>
> Could someone please shed some light on this matter.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Zach

Lawson

Big fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em.
And little fleas have smaller fleas and so on, infinitem.