Undefined symbols

Eric Pouech Eric.Pouech at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 12 12:14:56 CST 2001

Ignasi Villagrasa wrote:

> Jon Griffiths escribió:
>
> > > For instance, if I'm migrating a WNT console based application using
> > > winelib, which is the library I must link with object files ?
> >
> > If you're migrating an MS VC++ project, open the .dsp file in a text editor
> > and have a look at the BASE LINK32 / ADD LINK32 lines. For most of the
> > foo.lib's listed you will need to add  foo.dll as an import line in your
> > applications .spec file.
> >
> > tools/winemaker makes a pretty good stab by adding a lot of libs. You can
> > remove any that you don't require later (winebuild gives a warning if you
> > import but don't use any symbols from a dll).
> >
> > Finally, If you are using any 3rd party native dlls have a look at
> > tools/specmaker/README.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Jon
>
> Thanks for answering, Jon.
>
> I used Watcom C++ to generate WNT program. I wrote my own makefile, and
> compilation runs properly.  I think the only hint I need is to know which
> libraries contain the functions I'm using. But I haven't found this
> information in Wine documentation.
>
> Ignasi Villagrasa.
well, if you don't want to download all the wine source, here are a couple
of things you can do:
- search the missing ID on msdn (for example, or in your compiler docs), and
get the library it's found into
- then add that library to the list of libraries you link to.
- the list of libraries to link to is best defined in the .spec file you
have to write for you program (see the programs subdir. you can browse it
online at http://www.winehq.com/source/programs or
http://www.winehq.com/cvsweb/wine/programs/)
for details on .spec file, read http://www.winehq.com/Docs/winelib-user/
especially chapter #3