building ms-office.deb (rpm, tgz)

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at keep_your_ads_to_yourself.yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 09:52:10 CST 2001

Hi,

> -> Feedback on the general idea, feasibility.

I like it. I think a script that did the same for windows would be great as
well (i.e. extracted all the dlls and programs into the correct places from
a real Windows CD). since I don't dual boot if I want to do this again Im a
bit stuck, even though i got a copy of 98 with my machine.

I think a script would be better than a .deb or rpm though; it would run on
all distributions for one thing, and could be hacked alot easier. More
people know Perl/sh scripting than know how to build packages...

Cheers,
Jon