Palm Hotsync success...

Bernhard Mogens Ege bme at miba.auc.dk
Fri Feb 16 04:07:19 CST 2001

> Bernhard,

> How do you configure the hotsync to use the network, when the desktop
> comes out its impossible for me to click the hotsync icon.

> Thanks,

> Andre Diamand

I start hotsync.exe with -desktop 640x480 and in the upper left of that
window is the system tray icon on which I can right click and select
Network. I was not successful in installing hotsync using wine so I
copied it from a windows installation on which I already had performed
a hotsync.

So start hotsync.exe with -desktop 640x480, select Network and unselect
modem and seriel port, choose custom... and in the Network tab enable
your user profile. I think you can only do this if you already have
successfully attempted a hotsync process.

You write that you are unable to click on the hotsync and get a
response? This is wierd. I have tried hotsync.exe on a clean wine
installation and it works.

regards,

Bernhard Ege