Need a little IE help...

Philip Hallstrom philip at adhesivemedia.com
Fri Feb 16 19:20:06 CST 2001

Hi -
	I just installed wine 20010112 on FreeBSD 4.2-20010214-STABLE.
Solitaire (sol.exe) from Windows 2000 works just fine.

I'm trying to get IE to work and I can't.  When I run it I don't get *any*
error messages.  A Wine window pops up, but it's solid black.  The only
oddity is that I get my prompt back pretty quickly where as with sol.exe I
didn't get it back until I quit.

I am invoking it as "wine /path/to/IEXPLORE.exe".  I did have to copy
shlwapi.dll over, and I've tried adding all sorts of various --dll options
(from various posts), all with the same result.

If I turn on debug, I get a *lot* (I mean they just fly by) of trace
messages and nothing else.

Any suggestions?

Is there somewhere else to look for help?  I searched before and saw lots
of IE info, but nothing that resembled mine.

My wine.conf is the default one.

Thanks!

Please cc any replies.

-philip

Here is the entire contents of my wine directory: