Wine release 20010216

Bernhard Mogens Ege bme at miba.auc.dk
Mon Feb 19 03:56:24 CST 2001

> In article <3olo69.4sq.ln at preusse-16223.user.cis.dfn.de>,
> Hilmar Preusse  <hille42 at web.de> wrote:
>>> - Several PostScript driver improvements.
>>>
>> I get actually:
>>
>> Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin origin.exe ...
>> err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics missing ;, failed. [C 0 ; WX 600 ; N null]
>> err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
>> err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
>> err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
>> err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.

> These are more like warnings.

>> Are these locations to the afm-files hard coded in the sources?
>> (afm.c line 489 ff.) I guess, this is not a good idea.

> Why not, since these are standard font description files?

> It is better than having the user supply a list of .AFM file in his
> .wine/config.

> Ciao, Marcus

I changed afm.c to use an [afmdirs] section as well as [afmfiles]. In
afmdirs I specify the directories where wine should search for afm
files. I also disabled the 4 hardcoded paths and moved them to the ini
file. It works great.

I still need to get Word to actually write something instead of
spitting out empty sheets of paper. In Word, using the menu
File->Print... makes word say there is no printer installed. Clicking
on the print icon in word does print, but so far only blank paper is
being printed.

regards,

Bernhard Ege