IE under wine

Anonymous anonymous at anonymous.anonymous
Tue Feb 20 19:01:52 CST 2001

Rick Knight wrote:

> I haven't been able to get any of the IE's to install with wine. I have
> versions 3.01 thru 5.50 and none of the installs will complete
> successfully. I'm running the latest codeweavers wine and I'm sure it's
> installed and configured correctly. I can run Lotus Notes 5.0.2 and a
> couple other winapps I have. I can even print with the internal
> PostScript driver (WINEPS.DRV). How do I install IE? I have a
> "no-windows" wine installation running on RH 6.2 and KDE 1.1.

Installing IE under Wine is currently known not to work, and has been
discussed a great deal recently in this newsgroup/mailing list.  See the
archives at http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-users/ for past
threads.

--
James Juran
jamesjuran at alumni.psu.edu

  --------== Posted Anonymously via Newsfeeds.Com ==-------
     Featuring the worlds only Anonymous Usenet Server