Problems with Wine

Chris Morgan cmorgan at wpi.edu
Thu Feb 22 02:41:25 CST 2001

In article <20010222.021521.917679292.2135 at localhost.localdomain>,
"Speaker-To-Animals" <speakerNOSPAM at computation.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've been experimenting with Wine on different Windows apps from Linux
> RH
> 7.0 and I'm finding a lot of problems.  Usually apps produce the
> following error messages and then lock up their interfaes.  Is there a
> common problem here?
>
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
You can safely ignore these messages.

 fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> err:toolbar:ToolbarWindowProc unknown msg 042e wp=00000000 lp=405e65b4
> fixme:file:FindFirstChangeNotificationA this is not supported yet
> (non-trivial).fixme:file:FindFirstChangeNotificationA this is not
> supported yet (non-trivial).fixme:file:FindFirstChangeNotificationA this
> is not supported yet
> (non-trivial).fixme:file:FindFirstChangeNotificationA this is not
> supported yet (non-trivial).fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function
> stub fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
>
> And check this out from Quickbooks Pro.... FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection
> Critical section 0x401036f0 wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=0347
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject
> couldn't load InprocServer32 dll L"D:\PROGRAM FILES\INTUIT\QUICKBOOKS
> PRO\ALARMS.DLL" fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject couldn't load InprocServer32
> dll L"D:\PROGRA~1\INTUIT\QUICKB~1\COMPON~1\QBAGENT\QBDSER~1.DLL"
> fixme:win32:URLMON_DllGetClassObject (0x40408c48, 0x40408c20,
> 0x405e6284): stub
There appears to be a bit of ole activity here.  Wine, afaik, doesn't
have very complete ole support.

I'm surprised you aren't having more sucess, it may just be your
particular luck in choosing apps that require functionality in Wine that
hasn't been completed yet.

Chris