Trouble with Wine-20010216

Charlie Gibbs cgibbs at sky.bus.com
Fri Feb 23 01:54:19 CST 2001

I've been using various versions of Wine for a year or so, and up
to 20001026 I've had no problems.  However, I just tried building
20010216 and my lucky streak came to an end.  Now when I try to
run anything, I get the following error messages:

    err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin
    user32.dll: /usr/local/lib/libkernel32.so: undefined symbol:
    WIN32_GetLargestConsoleWindowSize
    Cannot load user32.dll

On some of the programs I tried, the final message ("Cannot load
user32.dll") was replaced by the following line:

    err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) KERNEL32.dll needed by
    C:\foo\part.exe

(The last portion was the name of the program I was trying to run.)

Is there a list of error messages I should be looking up, or is
the proper procedure to post it here as I've done?

The disk space required to build Wine is going up (over 250MB now).
My first couple of build attempts failed for lack of space.  On
a recent attempts df reported about 7MB free before I ran "make
install".  I was able to get this up to about 11MB on the next
time around.  During the "make install" the space in the "Available"
column dropped to zero, although no error messages were issued.
df was reporting a total of 1214592 blocks, and the "Used" figure
got as high as 1180000 or so.  When "make install" was done the "Used"
amount dropped back to 1142952, and 8944 was reported as available.
Am I cutting it too fine?

--
cgibbs at sky.bus.com (Charlie Gibbs)
Remove the first period after the "at" sign to reply.