Trouble with Wine-20010216

Matthew Walton mxw00u at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Fri Feb 23 03:07:20 CST 2001

This also happened to me. It has something to do with Wine's install
script for some reason not overwriting existing files - therefore you've
got some old libraries from previous Wine builds hanging around causing
problems. You ideally need to clear out all the old Wine libraries and
start afresh. I've put Wine in /usr/local/wine so that next time I
install a new version I won't have to worry about removing the old one -
one single rm -r command will do it for me.

So basically you need to go through wherever it is your Wine libraries
are, delete the lot of them and run make install again. It's tedious,
but it works.

Charlie Gibbs wrote:

> I've been using various versions of Wine for a year or so, and up
> to 20001026 I've had no problems.  However, I just tried building
> 20010216 and my lucky streak came to an end.  Now when I try to
> run anything, I get the following error messages:
>
>     err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin
>     user32.dll: /usr/local/lib/libkernel32.so: undefined symbol:
>     WIN32_GetLargestConsoleWindowSize
>     Cannot load user32.dll
>
> On some of the programs I tried, the final message ("Cannot load
> user32.dll") was replaced by the following line:
>
>     err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) KERNEL32.dll needed by
>     C:\foo\part.exe
>
> (The last portion was the name of the program I was trying to run.)
>
> Is there a list of error messages I should be looking up, or is
> the proper procedure to post it here as I've done?

 Matthew Walton

 Defenestration (n) -
  1) The act of throwing somebody out of a window
  2) An entertaining pasttime involving a tall building, an
     open window and a stack of AOL and/or Microsoft CD-ROMs

 Miri it is whil Linux ilast