Trouble with Wine-20010216 - SOLVED!

Charlie Gibbs cgibbs at sky.bus.com
Fri Feb 23 18:07:53 CST 2001

In article <1548.453T963T14343824 at sky.bus.com> cgibbs at sky.bus.com
(Charlie Gibbs) writes:

>I've been using various versions of Wine for a year or so, and up
>to 20001026 I've had no problems.  However, I just tried building
>20010216 and my lucky streak came to an end.  Now when I try to
>run anything, I get the following error messages:
>
>    err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin
>    user32.dll: /usr/local/lib/libkernel32.so: undefined symbol:
>    WIN32_GetLargestConsoleWindowSize
>    Cannot load user32.dll

[snip]

I dug through http://www.winehq.com and found a troubleshooting
guide.  With its help, I looked into /usr/local/lib and found it
full of stuff from previous versions of Wine.  Once I cleaned it
out and re-ran "make install", I wound up with a version of Wine
that would come up, although it did issue a flood of

    err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.

messages and the system font looks pretty wimpy.  But that's a
minor detail - at least I got things going again.

This brings me to another topic: de-installation.  I'm running
Slacware, so I don't have those newfangled RPMs or whatever to
worry about.  So far my de-installation procedure has consisted
of an rm -r on the Wine directory.  Obviously this isn't enough.
Will a cleanup of /usr/local/lib do the trick, or are there other
things I should worry about when doing a manual de-install or
upgrade?

--
cgibbs at sky.bus.com (Charlie Gibbs)
Remove the first period after the "at" sign to reply.