Trouble with Wine-20010216 - SOLVED!

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Feb 23 23:39:25 CST 2001

On 23 Feb 2001, Charlie Gibbs wrote:

> This brings me to another topic: de-installation.  I'm running
> Slacware, so I don't have those newfangled RPMs or whatever to
> worry about.  So far my de-installation procedure has consisted
> of an rm -r on the Wine directory.  Obviously this isn't enough.
> Will a cleanup of /usr/local/lib do the trick, or are there other
> things I should worry about when doing a manual de-install or
> upgrade?

Of course, there is wine itself in /usr/local/bin, and the helper
binaries (wineclipserv, wineserver, ...) and tools (winemaker...)
make uninstall is a good idea before doing rm -r <wine> to the source
tree.  If you install the programs, so far they don't seem to install
well over stale versions of themselves, so make uninstall in
<wine>/programs is probably a good idea.  In fact, for this release I
think I did
cd programs

make
make install  (oops)
make uninstall
make install

> --
> cgibbs at sky.bus.com (Charlie Gibbs)
> Remove the first period after the "at" sign to reply.

Lawson

By the accident of what statisticians call birth... - Richard Fariña

---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.