winelib and no mfc

brian r randomaccess at
Tue Jul 10 16:27:57 CDT 2001

I have assumed that if I want to use winelib for porting, I must compile MFC under Linux regardless if my app uses MFC or not.  Is this true?  It seems like if I have to compile MFC and yet I don't use it, I should choose another alternative to port my app since the process of getting MFC to compile is extensive.
Also, my app involves video compression for internet use.  Should I expect a degradation of performance by using winelib as opposed to Linux without winelib?

Sign up for FREE email from canada-11 at