winelib and no mfc

Bill Medland medbi01 at
Thu Jul 12 09:09:17 CDT 2001

Francois Gouget <fgouget at> wrote in article
<Pine.LNX.4.21.0107101438430.17011-100000 at amboise.dolphin>...
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, brian r wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have assumed that if I want to use winelib for porting, I must
> > compile MFC under Linux regardless if my app uses MFC or not.  Is
> > this true?
>    If your application does not need the MFC under Windows, then there
> is no reason why it would need it with Winelib!

Just a note if one is using winemaker.

I have noticed that if ones code comes out of the Visual Studio environment
(even if it doesn't use MFC and ATL) the current winemaker (and quite
possibly all of them so far) are easily led to believe that it does.  For
myself (since I'm just playing so far) I simply edit the files
to correct that.