Need some help on using Wine with DDK 2000

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at sloboda.ru
Thu Jul 26 21:51:27 CDT 2001

"Lionel Ulmer" <bbrox at bbrox.org> wrote:

> >About 6 month ago I was trying to do a similar task with the Platform
> >SDK Help. My investigations had showed that hh.exe is heavily using
> >the Internet Explorer components to accomplish its work. You can try to
> >install IE and try again. It would be great to hear a success story
> >from you.
>
> Well, I had 'hh.exe' works (almost) flawlessly here with current Wine CVS
> and the following command line :
>
> wine -dll shlwapi=n /dos/windows/hh.exe file_to_open.chm

It doesn't work for me. Even with native ole32 and shlwapi. With built-in
ole32 Wine just crashes. Apparently you have the windows registry imported
as well. It would be a large step ahead to figure out what registry entries
are needed and incorporate them into the Wine default registry file.
--
Dmitry at Baikal.ru