PROBLEM: Error 111: Insufficient Memory

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jul 27 12:10:09 CDT 2001

gwhite at uk.ibm.com wrote:
: Hi,

: I'm trying to run a setup program (for evrsoft's First Page 2000 html
: editor program).  When I run the setup program it unpacks to 99% complete
: and falls out every time at 99% before it starts to run the setup program
: complaining with "Error 111: Insufficient Memory Available...".

: Does anyone have an ideas on how to get round this type of problem (I'm
: fairly new to wine)?

As the wine docu tells, those errors normally never give any valuable hint.
I suspect that the installer wants some inter-process message, which wine
doen't support yet, but that's only a shot in the dark. You can investigate
deeper by running with --debugmsg +relay. Try to find the place where the
message is emitted and lok what's going wrong before.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de