Diablo II - Lord of Destruction Expansion

Bjorn Wesen bjorn at sparta.lu.se.NOSPAM
Sun Jul 29 07:49:55 CDT 2001

Hi, I've got a problem...

I can run D2LOD fine using XShm but not using DGA2, and I want to use DGA2
because it's far too slow otherwise.

Problem is, when I enable UseDGA it detects DGA2, the mouse disappears, but
then nothing else happens.

With trace on x11drv and ddraw, I can see that what differs from the non-DGA
run is that it does not query for video-modes when D2 is starting up (apart
from the DGA-list in the beginning), maybe this is how it's supposed to be.
But then it hangs when trying to set the palette using a DDraw HAL call -
the non-DGA version does it ok but the DGA-version does not, and no screen
appears.

So it looks like wine never managed to open or write anything using DGA...
the extension is there in XFree86 4.0.3 using Nvidias proprietary driver and
wine detects the DGA modes when it starts up.

Kernel is 2.4.5, the game runs as root (to get access to /dev/mem), works
fine as root without DGA, and I have tried hard-booting XFree86 in
640x480x16 but that should not be the problem; without DGA, it switches
modes just fine.

Any takers ? Can anyone who have managed to run D2LOD in DGA-mode post their
log of a --debugmsg +x11drv,+ddraw up until you see the first screen drawn
maybe ?

Regards
Bjorn