directX

Brian Postow bpostow at cs.umd.edu
Sun Jul 1 15:08:38 CDT 2001

Does the current CVS version of wine have the transgaming directX
patch already in it?

I'm pretty sure that I've installed wine correctly. I installed the
most recent RPM available, and the Diablo II installer says that it
can't find direct X.

I then downloaded the tar-ball, and tried to run the transgaming patch
on it, and it said that it had already been run. That's not so
surprising since the transgaming patch seems to be 6 months old...

In any case, I couldn't get the tarball to compile for some reason, so
I've stuck with the rpm. I know that people have gotten diablo II and
other directX programs to run. What am I missing?

Also, when I run the setup (which DOES run, I get the following
error/warnings: is this normal?

Script started on Sun Jul  1 16:03:45 2001
Moose$ wine --winver=win20 d:\\setup.exe
fixme:module:CreateProcessA (E:\d2l_Install.exe,...): CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE ignored
fixme:module:CreateProcessA (E:\d2l_Install.exe,...): CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP ignored
fixme:module:CreateProcessA (E:\d2l_Install.exe,...): CREATE_DEFAULT_ERROR_MODE ignored
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
Moose$ err:mmsys:MMDRV_InitHardcoded You didn't setup properly the config file for the Wine multimedia modules.
Will use the hard-coded setup, but this will disapear soon.
Please add a WinMM section to your Wine config file.
err:winspool:AddPrinterDriverA Can't create Drivers key
err:winspool:WINSPOOL_LoadSystemPrinters Failed adding PS Driver (6)
fixme:bitblt:X11DRV_BitBlt potential optimization - client-side DIB copy
fixme:module:CreateProcessA (C:\Program Files\Diablo III\D2VidTst.exe,...): CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE ignored
fixme:module:CreateProcessA (C:\Program Files\Diablo III\D2VidTst.exe,...): NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS ignored
fixme:module:CreateProcessA (C:\Program Files\Diablo III\D2VidTst.exe,...): CREATE_DEFAULT_ERROR_MODE ignored
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
err:winspool:AddPrinterDriverA Can't create Drivers key
err:winspool:WINSPOOL_LoadSystemPrinters Failed adding PS Driver (6)
fixme:bitblt:X11DRV_BitBlt potential optimization - client-side DIB copy
fixme:bitblt:X11DRV_BitBlt potential optimization - client-side DIB copy

Moose$ exit

Script done on Sun Jul  1 16:04:41 2001

Thanks a lot

--
More incoherent ramblings from:  Brian "Lizard Bench Mango" Postow ('94)
FOOBAR: Foo Of Oberlin Bygone Alumni Retirees   the foo, the proud: the Foo.