directX and transgaming patch

Brian Postow bpostow at cs.umd.edu
Tue Jul 3 12:34:46 CDT 2001

In article <3b421559.330636 at news.nerim.net>,
gerard patel <g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid> wrote:
>On 3 Jul 2001 10:22:08 -0400, bpostow at cs.umd.edu (Brian Postow) wrote:
>
><snip>
>>	  It said that there was an old version of wineserver running
>>	  or in my path. I couldn't find it, and neither could
>>	  which...
>>					(possible that I just have
>>					 installed  SO many different
>>					 versions that its unclean....)
>
>it's possible to delete a program while it is running, so
>the wineserver was probably still in memory, even if there
>is no way to find it on disk. The wineserver is holding
>on a special file in the ~/.wine directory unless it exits one
>way or another.
>
>Fix :
>ps -ax and  kill <id of wineserver>

Actually, I tried this. I did ps-aux |grep wine and it came up empty...

>or :
>reboot (to respect Windows traditions)

did not try this.

hrm, so now I have to re-download the entire cvs again? Is there a
tarball form of a relatively stable version of the transgaming wine?

--
More incoherent ramblings from:  Brian "Lizard Bench Mango" Postow ('94)
FOOBAR: Foo Of Oberlin Bygone Alumni Retirees   the foo, the proud: the Foo.