Wine and BlitzIn

Pavel Sakov Pavel.Sakov at marine.csiro.au
Sun Jul 1 23:25:08 CDT 2001

Martin Andersen wrote:

> Pavel Sakov wrote:
>
> CUT
>
> > Personally, I prefer to use XBoard from Linux. It always works and have
> > everything I need :-).
>
> But does Xboard work with ICC ?
> I have read other places as well that BlitIn runs badly in Wine, so I
> have given up. Instead I have found eboard which is a very promising client
> for www.freechess.org.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Pavel
> >
> Thanks
>  Martin.

Yes. I use:

xboard -ics -icshost 204.178.125.65 -useTelnet True -telnetProgram
<timestamp --
download from ICC> -size middling -autoflag -sgf - bell -queen -colorize
-legal -highlight

Be sure to use timestamp or you wil loose on time.

This thread is getting out of topic, you may obtain detailed information
in rec.games.chess.computer and ICC web site.

Good luck
Pavel

--
Pavel Sakov