Internet Explorer and winehelp !!!!!

Andreas Mohr Usenet 07/01 xsidycvl001 at
Wed Jul 4 12:22:38 CDT 2001

asd <mars00000 at> wrote:
> I have to run Internet Explorer 5.5 on wine (not from a windows installation
> but directly from a Linux ext2fs filesystem.

> I' tried lots of DLL override configuration but I have not been able to run
> Ie yet...  At the moment, I've copied all ie related file to my directory so
> I no longer get file open errors. Here is the message I get when I start IE
> :

> My actual DLL override  include : commctrl,comctl32,
> commdlg,comdlg32,shell,shell32 .........
Maybe, but they are not *loaded* natively.
Case in point:
> fixme:shell:shell32_654 0x7118c350 stub

> Any Help would be really appreciated. If you have been able to run ie 5.5
> with wine, please can you please describe in details how you got it to work
> I'm on Redhat 7.1, wine release 20010418
A bit old.
AFAIK there have been several IE related fixes in the 200105xx release.
(toolbars, ...)

Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address:
my real address is (initial of first name).(last name)