Troubles with XFree86-4.10 and sound

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy.NOSPAM at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 4 18:41:29 CDT 2001

Hi,

I recently posted a success story (Steel Panthers).

Well, now it's not working  :(

I updated the WINE version to 20010630 (from 20010510) and the XFree86
version 4.10 (from 4.03).

Well, now it says that I have no sound (one application says that maybe
will not work because there's no soundcard). And the game does not
woork anymore (it uses DirectSraw, AFAIK, to paint  a 800x600 area in
the screen, and it gets black, never getting to work).

What information do you ne to know to help me?

About my system:

Mandrake 8.0
XFree86-4.1.0-4mdk
Voodoo Banshee PCI 16MB
kernel-2.4.3-20mdk
KDE 2.1.1
ReiserFS
No Windows

Wine builds that I have available:

wine-cvs-stripped-062301-1.i386.rpm  /
wine-cvs-unstripped-063001-1.i386.rpm / wine-20010510-1.i386.rpm /
codeweavers-wine-20010305-1.i386.rpm

Error on Wine:

Using closest match instead (Spanish keyboard layout) for scancode
mapping.
Please define your layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
See documentation/keyboard for more information.
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x403d417c)->(00000138,00000053)
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_DDHAL_CreatePalette stub
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x408ab370 wait
timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=026f
The program encountered exception 0xc0000194 at address 0x4005caa4 and
cannot continue.

Thanks in advance,
Sinner
--