wine --managed problem

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Thu Jul 5 14:36:17 CDT 2001

On Thu, 05 Jul 2001 12:45:12 GMT, Jeremy Cole <orion at antispam.home.nl>
wrote:

>I started IrfanView, right clicked the window and selected move ... I
>moved the window and voila ... caption. The menubar and statusbar are
>a little screwed but it's managed after all. I should have looked
>better in the first place. Thanks for the input to this non problem.

Ah yes, this problem.

What happens is that your app is setting the position of
its main window at 0,0 instead of maximizing it. As Wine
is setting the position of the window minus the border
and the caption, the managed part of the main window
is falling outside of the screen. If the app remembers
its position from a run to another, when it is at the
right place the problem is solved.

Gerard