How to I fix undefined symbol: _glapi_Context error?

Kenton Groombridge kgroombr at coastalnow.net
Sat Jul 7 20:42:56 CDT 2001

Hi,

I found several hits on this, but my attempts to fix it do not work.

I compiled the latest Wine 20010629 without a problem, but when I go to
run any windows app with wine I get:

err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin
x11drv.dll: /usr/X11R6/lib/libOSMesa.so.3: undefined symbol: _glapi_Context
Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'

I tried compiling older versions, but get the same message.  It used to
work fine, but my box is pretty dynamic and I am always
installing/upgrading (especially the latest DRI-CVS).

Any ideas what I must do to fix this?  I can get it to run when I
disable opengl, but I have a couple progs that use opengl so that isn't
a solution.

Thanks,
Ken
--